- Understand the Davis community and its needs
- Have passion for our mission of strengthening the Davis economy and community, and empowering individuals. And specifically, someone who is committed to providing Davis Dollars as another means of exchange
- Are willing to commit time for board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions, special events
- Are team players, and work well in a group
Your contribution as a board member will be particularly valued if you have experience or expertise in some of these areas:
- Legal experience
- Fundraising experience
- Marketing experience
- Management experience
- Accounting experience
We are also looking for a diverse board that includes at least one of each of the following:
- UC Davis student
- Business owner
- Someone involved with the city of Davis
- A leader of a community or neighborhood organization
- Someone in the finance/banking industry
To learn more, email Nick Barry, executive director of Davis Dollars (nick at davisdollars dot org).
Once we have received your application our board will review it and contact you to set up an interview.
Currently our board consists of four members:
- Nick Barry: Co-founder of Davis ECO, President of Davis ECO
- Nick Young: Chief Financial Advisor of Davis ECO, UC Davis Student Intern
- Ashly Collins: Secretary of Davis ECO, UC Davis Student Intern
- Melissa Chin: UC Davis Student Intern
Our board meets once a month and all of our members also work on various projects to strengthen Davis ECO on a weekly basis.